COVID-19 travel update in Azerbaijan
The health and safety of our residents and visitors is of utmost priority and the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan is working closely with the World Health Organization to monitor and limit the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO AZERBAIJAN
- As a preventive measure, Azerbaijan has suspended processing “ASAN Visa”. Foreign nationals wishing to visit Azerbaijan are requested to apply for a visa through relevant local Azerbaijani embassies and consulates that will operate in a special mode. For further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To obtain permission to enter Azerbaijan, foreigners must submit a medical certificate after being tested for COVID-19. This requirement also applies to Azerbaijani citizens who have visited countries affected by an outbreak of coronavirus in the last 14 days.
- Restrictions on travelling to and out of Azerbaijan by air or land are in force until the 1st of June, except for cargo and charter flights.
- The following flight options are currently available, based on specific rules and regulations by the airline operating the flight:
- Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, 11 times a week
- Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by Turkish Airlines, 4 times a week
- Baku-Ankara-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, twice a week
- Baku-Antalya-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, once a week
- Baku-Izmir-Baku direction, operated by Buta Airways, four times a week
- Baku-Minsk direction, operated by Belavia, three times a week
- Baku-Kyiv-Baku direction, operated by Ukraine International Airlines, twice a week
- Baku-Dubai-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, twice a week
- Baku-Dubai-Baku direction, operated by Fly Dubai, three times a week
- Baku-Moscow-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, twice a week
- Baku-Moscow-Baku direction, operated by Aeroflot, twice a week
- Baku-Nizhny Novgorod-Baku direction, operated by Pegas Fly, once a week
- Baku-Yekaterinburg-Baku direction, operated by Ural Airlines, once a week
- Baku-Kyiv-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, twice a week
- Baku-Tbilisi-Baku direction, operated by Buta Airways, three times a week
- Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by Buta Airways, twice a week
- Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by AnadoluJet, twice a week
- Baku-Kyiv-Baku direction, operated by Buta Airways, twice a week
- Border officials are screening all arriving travellers for symptoms. In case of any suspected exposure, the passenger — regardless of nationality or purpose of travel — will be evaluated and sent to a specially designated quarantine facility for 14 days.
- Border officials are also taking steps to disinfect land border crossings.
Travellers are advised to carry additional supplies of necessary medication in carry-on luggage.
GENERAL ADVISORY FOR VISITORS
This advisory serves as a guide to help visitors during your visit to Azerbaijan.
- Monitor your health closely for two weeks.
- If you have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose), wear a mask.
- Seek medical attention promptly if symptoms do not subside. Call the clinic in advance and inform the doctor of your travel history.
|From Azerbaijan||103, 113, 1542|
Travellers should always adopt the following precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Seek medical attention promptly if you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
CANCELLATION OF MASS EVENTS
Another COVID-19 travel update in Azerbaijan is mass events and celebrations have been cancelled. We suggest you refrain from attending mass events, crowded venues and public gathering areas unless necessary.
Azerbaijan Tourism Board and the State Tourism Agency are committed to providing a safe environment for all residents and visitors. We thank you for your support and understanding.