SHAHDAG: THE FIRST AZERI CONTEMPORARY MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT
Mount Shahdagh is a mountain peak of the Greater Caucasus range, located in Gusar district of Azerbaijan, close to the border with Russia. The elevation of the peak is 4,243 metres above the sea level. Prehistoric cave dwellings have been discovered at the base of the mountain indicating habitation for over 9,000 years. First climbed by Russian alpinist and topograph Andrei Pastukhov in 1892.
Across the centuries, the north-east corner of Azerbaijan has served as the gateway between Europe and the Middle East. Here, in the shadow of the majestic Caucasus Mountains, hides untold natural beauty. Pristine glaciers and deep ravines, stunning mountain lakes and canyons, and an ecological treasure trove of plants and animals. This is Shahdag in all its splendour. With a climate favouring year-round sports and leisure, Shahdag ranges from winter lows of -20°C to pleasant summer evenings of 20°C. An incomparable location for one of the world’s largest national parks, and within it, one of the region’s largest ski resorts. Breathtakingly beautiful, a haven hidden from time, Shahdag is an experience not soon forgotten.
Why this tour?
- Less than 3 hours drive from Baku
- A world of experiences at your fingertips
- 100 % snow guaranteed
- Learning to ski specialization, international ski school, highly qualified instructors and safety as priority
- A wide range of events, activities, packages and programs for all family members, especially for children
- Possibility to buy or rent ski equipment
– Zip line, Paintball, Snowmobile tours, Snow grooming trips, Snow tubing, Quad tours, Horse back riding,Children sledges, Adventure park, Children park, Ice rink, Shooting center